California STEP, in cooperation with the U.S. Commercial Service and the Yue Hwa Chinese Products Emporium Ltd. department store in Hong Kong is providing an opportunity for U.S. companies to submit their products for evaluation and potential inclusion in an “in-store” retail promotion in Hong Kong in May 2017.
“California Corner” is both a retail promotion and a test-market program for introducing California brands into the Hong Kong and South China marketplace.
About Yue Hwa
Established in 1959, Yue Hwa is a household name in Hong Kong and among overseas Chinese in SE Asia for Chinese products. It now sells imported skincare, personal care and cosmetics from Europe, Japan and also dietary supplements, organic and “green” products, senior care products, sports wear and some household items and is looking to expand the number of these products that are made in the U.S. Yue Hwa has 15 retail locations in Hong Kong, and 4 branches in Singapore. The California Corner promotion will be held at Yue Hwa’s flagship 7 story retail store on Nathan Rd., Kowloon at the Jordan MTR exit.
Details About the Opportunity
- Baby Boomers-Gen X/professionals, health-conscious (35-65 yrs)
The product categories include:
- Health and Beauty Products
- Vitamins and food supplements
- Organic food (ready to eat, non-refrigerated)
“California Corner” is an integrated Point-of-Purchase and promotional campaign that will include:
- Premium Shelf Placement in a custom designed “California Corner” retail display in a high density shopping district for up to 30 days.
- A public relations launch for “California Corner”
- A digital marketing platform to leverage and create awareness about your brand
- The promotion is schedule for May 2017
To be considered for the promotion, you must register by January 31, 2017. Companies can register up to 5 products for consideration.
Additional information about this promotion opportunity is available here.
Test Market Program in the News: